If you are interested in this position, please fill out an application below.
As a Landscape Installation Foreman, you will be responsible for leading a landscape installation crew and working together to complete tasks including, but not limited to: landscape renovation, new landscape installation, planting, mulching, edging, trimming and pruning. This is a very rewarding career with lots of potential for advancement to higher positions, pay increase based on employee performance, and opportunities for educational advancement.
Landscape Installation Foreman
- Provide labor tasks as assigned.
- Physical work which requires lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Pickup and delivery of supplies and tools to job sites as assigned.
- Use of hand held power tools.
- Responsible for the field direction of a landscape crew in completion of assigned duties within times and man hours allowed and of proper quality.
- Also responsible for daily completion of all required paperwork and route sheets.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and cleaning of all tools, equipment and vehicles assigned.
- Above average pay scale.
- Potential for advancement to higher positions.
- Pay increase potential with performance.
- On the job training.
- No Sunday hours.
- Hours generally Monday thru Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm.
- Saturday work and overtime required as weather and work load dictate.
- Lifting is involved.
- Work boots are required.
- Pants must be clean and free of holes.
- Uniform tee shirts provided must be worn and washed by employee.
- No clothing may be worn which contains text or images deemed objectionable.
- No jewelry may be worn which could present a safety hazard.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to have eye protection when using certain equipment.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Associate Degree in Horticulture or 2 years industry experience.
- Proficiency in horticulture skills to include:
- Identification of shrubs, trees, perennials, annual
- Ability to complete a quality landscape installation by using a detailed design
- Lawn installation
- Proper grading practices
- Proper planting practices including: tree staking/ guying
- Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems on local trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns
- PA pesticide applicator’s license with endorsements for cat. 6 and 7
- Proficiency in safe truck and trailer operation.
- Proficiency in all power equipment needed to carry out above skills.
- Ability to communicate and follow directions.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to report for work on time, when, and where assigned.
- Display initiative and strong work ethic.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past 3 years.
- You will be required to have a DOT Medical Certificate.
- Be able to safely drive a truck with a utility trailer.
- Experience using hand tools such as shovel, rake, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Proficiency in the safe operation of tractor/skid steer/backhoe.
- Ability to display good attitude regardless of work required or weather conditions.
- Ability to cooperate with all workers.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to delegate to and manage others on crew.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with customers.
- Detail-oriented personality necessary.
- Ability to set pace for crew.
- Ability to train crew members.
- Desire to learn new tasks and assume new responsibility preferable.
- Flexibility required.